Total Pageviews

Monday, September 24, 2012

Let's Get Real About Homosexuality

I am going to preface this blog with a fact. Actually, I am going to try my hardest to fill this blog with nothing but facts. FACT: I have many gay friends. When I say friends, I mean people that I genuinely care about. This blog is a response to a huge national debate, and this article by CBSsports.com's Gregg Doyel:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/20350232/why-dont-men-feel-comfortable-coming-out-in-pro-sports-escobars-gay-slur-is-a-good-place-to-start

Please, national media, quit telling us to accept gays in the Christian community. The majority of us do. Seriously. It is not the people we don't accept. It is their actions, and in the case of homosexuality, their lifestyles. I know before I go any further that this is going to upset many people, but quite frankly people have been upsetting me for too long on this subject. Homosexuality is WRONG. There is no way around it. There is nothing natural about it, and there is nothing "ok" about it. Hence, the majority of the world, no matter what religion, does not accept it.
If this country is really about freedom of expression, then why can't a major league shortstop express himself? That argument is for the article. I really want to get my own emotions off of my chest here. As a Christian (not a church member, holier-than thou person, closed minded conservative, or any other name you want to call me), I can see people who do not have Christ. The majority of gay people I know don't have him. And you know what? They are searching for happiness in their lives and cannot find it. Not because they gay, but because they are SINNERS who have not allowed the power of the Holy Spirit to change them forever.
Let me make this clear as well: I do not believe, at all, that homosexual thoughts, desires, and feelings are a choice. They aren't. They never have been. People cannot control what their hormones want them to feel. What they can control, including people who call themselves "gay" is the willingness to fight those desires with all that they have. Is that easy? Heck no. We all have sexual desires, and none of them are easy to fight off, whether they are in line with what God intended or not. So to act like people who struggle with this disorder, and yes, it is definitely a disorder, should just quit acting "gay" is very narrow minded. I am not suggesting that they can do that. What I am suggesting is that they can fight it, just like someone prone to alcoholism can fight the desire to drink, or someone who struggles to hold down their temper can prevent themselves from going off on people.These things are all closely related, and I do believe that it is both from the nature and nurture aspects of our society.
I will not name names, though I am sure this person would be proud to tell you his/her own testimony his/herself. I watched someone who I know pretty well, who is an awesome person, struggle mightily with homosexual desires for as long as I have known the person. Sunday morning, this person decided to change his/her life and rededicate it to Jesus Christ. This person wants to conquer the gay tendencies that plague his/her thoughts every single day. Praise God for that kind of courage. And it is people like this person that let me know that gays CAN help who they are and what they do. They cannot help how they feel, but they can by the power of God fight it with all they are worth, for His glory and honor. As sure as the month is September, Satan will tempt this person unmercifully in every single way now to try and get them to fall victim to temptations again. And this person might- and it is ok. Why? Because this person is putting up a fight because the person knows it is wrong, and Jesus has covered this person's sin with His blood.
Perhaps the most bothersome thing about the media wanting us to accept "gay" as ok is that they are completely neglecting end game possibilities. What happens if the majority of the country becomes "gay" in a 100 years or so? Will it live on or will it die out? Gay does not produce children. It does produce disease, confusion for children who are adopted by gays, and a very unhealthy lifestyle in general for anyone who is doing it. It is not healthy in any way- mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually. And this is all the more reason as to why we should not support gay anything. The flip side is this, and it is what many people forget:
It is also the main reason why we should take these people under our wing and try to help them change their lifestyle. Love them. Why? Because they are people. Normal people. They just struggle with an abnormal desire to be with the same sex. It has always been a societal issue. It is nothing new. But I also know from a Biblical stand point that it is something that will destroy a society if it is allowed to just "be ok". Ask Sodom and Gomorrah. Ask the Roman Empire. Marriage between a man and a woman and children growing up in this type of household is the foundation of society. PERIOD. It is the way God intended it to be. If you don't believe in God, you have no argument still. Nature intended it to be this way as well. Look at the animal kingdom and tell me that it does not recognize the importance of the male and female and their respective roles to each other and the future of their species. It certainly does. And it is no different with human beings.
I hope that everyone I know reads this, both heterosexuals and those who struggle with homosexual desires. Here is my final stand on this:
If you struggle with these feelings, and just consider yourself gay. You are weak. You have no intestinal fortitude. Get some fight in you. Fight it with all that you have. I know it ain't easy. Nothing in life is. But I, because I LOVE YOU and want what is best for you and your future, am not going to accept your ACTIONS as ok. They are not. You are wonderful and beautiful on the inside and out. It is not you that I so strongly oppose. It is not your feelings that I strongly oppose. It is your unwillingness to fight against those feelings for what you know, deep down in the depth of your soul, is the right thing to do for yourself, your future family, and your society. That is my stance, and to all liberals who think I am narrow minded and Christians who think I am giving too much leeway, I am not. I have prayed about this. I have seeked guidance from God the Father. This is what he has revealed to me. And I know it is right because it lines up with what He says in His Word. The government will NEVER tell me what I should and should not feel. God will. He is the only truth in this world. The truth hurts, but only because it pierces the darkness in people's lives and sterilizes the thoughts of all of us. We need absolute truth. It is something we can depend on. The leaders of this country and the majority of the media are not anything close to truth.
To those who are fighting this desire, I applaud you, and God is smiling on you. He made you the way you are for a reason, so talk to Him and figure out your purpose. To those who are giving in to it and just allowing it to become WHO YOU ARE, you need to reconsider your perspective on the matter. Your health, your future family, the future of your society, and your soul's eternal resting place all hang in the balance. And deep down, beneath all the muck that you have allowed to cover your shame for some false sense of security, you KNOW this is what is at stake. So do something about it. Fight. Pray. Get right with God. If you already are saved, then allow God to help you. Because if there is one thing I have learned in my short Christian life, it is that nothing is possible without God.

But with Him, ALL things are possible.

5 comments:

  1. very true, very good stuff. Thanks Ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's nothing natural about homosexuality, then how come it occurs in nature all the time? Hundreds of different species of animals have been observed in homosexual relationships with others of their species, you know. And, since animals are a part of nature, that means that homosexuality is, in fact, natural. So why not accept that fact?

    Also, what exactly is so "wrong" about homosexuality? I mean, all homosexuality is, is love, just like all heterosexuality is, is love. And since when is love ever a bad thing? I mean, as long as a loving relationship is consensual, I see no way that it could possibly be wrong. So why not try thinking this issue through for yourself, instead of blindly believing that homosexuality is wrong just because you think the Bible says it's wrong?

    Polygamy is Biblical, too, you know. (Lamech had 2 wives, Esau had 3 wives, Jacob had 2 wives, Ashur had 2 wives, Gideon had many wives, David had many wives, Rehoboam had 3 wives, Solomon had 700 wives, etc.) So is incest. (After all, Adam, Eve, and their kids all had to populate the Earth somehow…) And so is expecting a woman (or young girl) to marry the man who raped her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29) So why are you ignoring those types of traditional marriage?

    Also, why are you singling out homosexuals as the only type of people who don't deserve the right to marry the person they're attracted to? I mean, I'm pretty sure you're not against the idea of two murderers or two rapists marrying each other, even though murder and rape are both just as sinful as homosexuality is. Heck, I'm sure you're not even against the idea of two non-Christians getting married, even though denying God's existence is a huge sin. So why single out homosexuality?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty, I know absolutely nothing about you; however, this post said everything. I commend you for speaking your mind and sharing this. It was well spoken and was simply perfect.

    Thank you for sharing,
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is the best thing I've read on homosexuality yet! This will help me pray for some homosexual friend at school. Thank-you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is the best thing I've read on homosexuality yet! This will help me pray for some homosexual friend at school. Thank-you!!

    ReplyDelete